Friday, January 10, 2014

A link in an ALT that is being referenced to another image? Wait whaaa...??

I am in the midst of putting up some of the final touches to my personal/portfolio website (tejas-mehta.com) and one thing I really wanted to do was to include a link to my projects.

Sounds easy, right??

BUT what if Isotope is used to dynamically show the full pic after clicking on a thumbnail, that full pic being referenced via another link AND the text is shown within an ALT tag? Now are you squirming?? (only the cronies will get that joke)

After a few tries I used the most important lesson I have ever learned: Keep at it, the answer is there, you'll get it done and search around. Yes, I consider that ONE lesson... they flow together.

Here's my code before tinkering:






And after lots of testing... sweetness









A small lesson: links can indeed be included within alt tag.... here's the result:



That nice orange link works... nicely ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment